Dear FCBCA Family,
In response to the recent increased cases from the new Omicron COVID-19 variant, we'd like to take a moment to encourage you to review the updated CDC recommendations for potential exposure scenarios:
If You Test Positive for COVID-19 (Isolate)
Everyone, regardless of vaccination status.
- Stay home for 5 days.
- If you have no symptoms or your symptoms are resolving after 5 days, you can leave your house.
- Continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days.
If You Were Exposed to Someone with COVID-19 (Quarantine)
Have been boosted
OR Completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine within the last 6 months
OR Completed the primary series of J&J vaccine within the last 2 months
- Wear a mask around others for 10 days.
- Test on day 5, if possible.
Completed the primary series of Pfizer or Moderna vaccine over 6 months ago and are not boosted
OR Completed the primary series of J&J over 2 months ago and are not boosted
OR Are unvaccinated
- Stay home for 5 days. After that continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days.
- If you can’t quarantine you must wear a mask for 10 days.
- Test on day 5 if possible.
More information can be found here, policy changes are made frequently so be sure to review if you are unsure what the best option is for you: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s1227-isolation-quarantine-guidance.html
We do plan to continue worshiping in person for those that are interested. Attending Church is still classified as a higher risk COVID activity, with that in mind we will continue to provide virtual options to attend worship as well as some Sunday school classes.
If you believe you may have inadvertently exposed others to COVID-19 during a worship service and would like to notify us, please contact a member of our COVID task force. We'll work with you to evaluate if a broader, anonymous, communication to the church is needed.
FCBCA Covid-19 Task Force Team